Position Title: HR SPECIALIST – K12 SCHOOL FOOD SERVICES OPERATIONS – CHESTERFIELD, MO
Chartwells K12’s goal is to make sure students leave the cafeteria happier and healthier than they came in, by serving food kids love to eat and creating custom dining programs. With more than 16,000 associates in 4,300 schools, ranging from large public institutions to small charter and private schools, Chartwells K12 is built on decades of food, education and operational experience driven by top culinary, nutrition, wellness, and sustainability talent. For more information, visit www.ChartwellsK12.com.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email [email protected]. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Working as an HR Specialist, you will support numerous Human Resource functions to meet strategic, tactical and administrative Human Resource objectives. You must be able to communicate effectively with Senior Management and across various support departments within the K12 environment. Your knowledge of employee relations and your strong analytical ability will be used to support HR initiatives
- Ensures all Company HR related policies are applied consistently.
- Objectively coaches associates and management through complex and difficult issues. Provides guidance to management on appropriate disciplinary action. Assists with on-site investigations.
- Oversees MyOpportunity for hourly recruitment and onboarding.
- Maintains and coordinates associate recognition programs.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Regularly runs and/or reviews HR activity reports.
- Supports internal customer survey and associate engagement survey interpretation/feedback process.
- Attends department manager meetings to increase HR visibility, conducts classroom training, provides assistance and implements HR initiatives.
- Reviews any request for pay increases or other status changes to ensure internal equity and consistency. Processes status change forms.
- Prepares, coordinates and presents HR related topics and other HR related training.
- Acts as the diversity champion by leading assigned tasks and corporate diversity activities including diversity recruiting, retention and promotion goals.
- Assists in the creation of Personal Development Plans, as appropriate, for associates.
- Participates in the Annual Performance Appraisal process
- Associates Degree is preferred, HS Diploma or equivalent is required
- Three plus years human resources generalist experience required; management experience a plus.
- HR experience at a multi-unit organization required.
- Previous experience as part of a centralized HR environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills; advanced skills preferred.
- Content-knowledge regarding employment law, policies, procedures, and programs
- Experience in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
Apply to Chartwells Schools today!
Chartwells Schools is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Chartwells K-12are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: